# of Openings 1 Job Locations CA-AB-Banff Job Post Information* : Posted Date 3/3/2016 Job Posting Categories Food and Beverage/Culinary More information about this job: Overview: Create mountains of memories! Living and working in the Canadian Rockies is an excellent opportunity to bring out the inner-adventurer in you. We are offering opportunities to learn and grow, foster new friendships and experience authentic mountain living. Brewster Travel Canada has been providing amazing natural experiences to guests of the Canadian Rocky Mountains since 1892. Starting with two young Brewster brothers providing guided excursions in the Rocky Mountain national parks, we are now a leading travel and tourism provider in Canada offering Canada-wide vacation packages. We own and operate five of the biggest attractions in the Rocky Mountains; the Banff Gondola, Banff Lake Cruise, Maligne Lake Cruise, Glacier Adventure and the all new Glacier Skywalk. We are passionate, local travel experts who help all our guests get the very most out of their Canadian travel holiday. Responsibilities: The AST contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing the store operations. This job assists and supervises a team of store partners to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting with accordance with Starbucks and Brewster guiding principles. Works alongside baristas and shift supervisors, helping to coach and support them. They also develop their management skills while helping store managers run great stores. Responsibilities and essential job functions:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately to ensure effective store operations. Filters communication to the shift teams as directed by the store manager.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Brewster. Maintains and models a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events; continues to keep store operating standard and sets a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops positive relationships with shift teams by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Engages in conversations with customers to understand customer needs of the community.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Models “customers first” attitude and delivers legendary customer service, and supervises partners to ensure they are delivering legendary customer service.
- Responds to immediate store needs by utilizing external resources such as licensed Store Operations and Sirens Eye.
- Reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching and direction to the shift team to achieve operational goals. Communicates ideas to the store manager for broader areas of improvement.
- Supports store manager in implementing company programs by working directly with shift team to execute action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Supports store operations by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments through existing organizational tools and makes recommendations to the store manager on new, creative and impactful methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and provides direction to partners during their shift on the use of operational tool to achieve operational excellence. Acts as a coach and mentor to partners by using discretion in assessing performance. Providing feedback and coaching to improve partner performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to store manager. Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Detail Oriented with good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to manage resources ensuring established service levels are achieved at all times
- Strong customer service skills
- Some accounting experience an asset and experience with Word and Excel
- To honour Brewster Travel Canada's commitment to be “Always Honest” all employees must consent to a criminal record and credit check Thank you for your interest in working for Brewster Travel Canada, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Banff Jobs Home | Jasper Job Home | Camping Home | Hotels | Hike Jasper | Ski | Wildlife | Whistlers Mountain Skytram | Maligne Ice Walk | Athabasca River Rafting | Wildlife Photography Prints | Restaurants | Shopping | Business Directory | Jasper in January | Jasper History | World Tour Tickets & Attractions | Jasper Wildlife Tours | Maligne Lake Boat Cruise | Jasper Columbia Icefield | Rocky Mountain Train Tickets